Saturday, February 6, 2010

Change in plans for the WaterTribe Everglades Challenge

I had been planning to go back to my paddling roots and take the Kruger Sea Wind sea canoe with it's Balogh BOSS sail rig, but my old racing partner, Michael Collins had sold his boat and sail rig to make ends meet, so I decided to dust off the Core Sound 20 again and get it ready for the race.

You can follow the race, starting March 6, 2010 at watertribe.com.  Our racing handles are Greybeard (Michael) and Ridgerunner (me).

"Dusting off" the Core Sound means building a real folding frame under the dodger so that we can access the rigging on the front deck, changing the hatches from Bomar inspection hatches (which leaked) to traditional wooden seat hatches, and building some floorboards that can be used as bunks.  I'll put up pictures in a few days.

This project has taken up all of the time at home (except for responding to emergencies like tornados and ice storms) since mid December.  I never want to do a project under time pressure again.  It takes all of the fun out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment