Sunday, April 20, 2014

Core Sound 20 Mark III - Part 5


As I move into the last week before I trailer Look Far to Florida for the cabin canvas and the Cedar Key Boat Meet, the work is about sanding and painting and building the parts.  

It's finally getting warm enough to open up the shop for ventilation while I paint, but it snowed last Monday.  I have spent a lot of time this week in a respirator:



Here, in sequence, is the hull with primer (2 coats) and 2 part polyurethane paint (again, 2 coats).  Topsides and the boot stripe will come later.  I am hoping the half oval rub strake for the keel arrives before I have to flip her to finish the top.


Painted hull



Rudder blade

Rudder blade and hatch covers
Rudder Cheeks


The obligatory bug in the paint
bushings for joining mast sections

Detail of assembled joint before "ramp" is constructed for the sail track
Masts assembled with sprits beside them





No comments:

Post a Comment